Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunday

For me and my family Sunday is a special day. We go to church to worship Jesus Christ-our savior. I love Sundays. Not only is it a day that we're not playing computer games and our Wii's or Xbox, we are not doing homework, or working on the house or yard. 
We try to be still enough to recognize the need in ourselves and others for service. 

Today in church we heard about someone who has not been well, so this afternoon we are going to make some banana bread to take over with a little note.
I hope by these small yet focused opportunities my children will see that they can do the Lords work here on earth, literally. That they will feel His spirit even more so on this sacred day, because they have removed those things that would only have been temporary, nonsustaining distractions, for more fulfilling opportunities. 

I realize every Sunday isn't perfect, and sometimes my children whine about wanting to play their electronics or jump on the trampoline. But...when we stick to it, and we have our inspiring music playing in the background, the feeling of our home is wonderful. We can't help but adapt to the good mood. So, it's Sundays like this, when I've felt the spirit in church, in His word through others and the good books, and in my home. It's Sundays like this, I am thankful. Just thankful.

No comments: